Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I've been on hiatus...

I won't lie and say that my last rejection didn't take the wind out of my sails. So I took a break and regrouped and focused solely on family and the tasks I need to accomplish. I haven't even had time to write lately. Especially with all the trauma this last week has held! We found a water leak in our house (disaster--I won't go into it or I'll have to start throwing things at indefensible objects) and our Radon test came out absurdly high--which means that we get to spend an absurd amount of $$ and get a mitigation system put into our basement. Well, it's better than the alternative--Lung Cancer. Ick.
I had the darnedest thing happen this morning--it was 6am and I was lying on my bed, listening to my daughter downstairs, playing with the puppy. She was teasing him with a chew toy and he was growling playfully at her. Suddenly, a story idea "popped" into my head with an almost audible "WHOOSH", and I had to leap from the bed and grab a fresh composition notebook, to write my thoughts down. Now I have a new story idea, and it's a fun one, and I am very excited to get started on it. My muse is back!!! Woo hoo! The sting of rejection has faded, and now, I am BACK IN BUSINESS. I will start writing it immediately.
But first I have to run to the post office, the dry cleaners and the store, pay bills, clean my 1st floor of my house, walk the dog, take my kids to school and learn how to sew a halloween costume...

No comments: