Thursday, July 12, 2012

Officially Sucked In. Soooo Pretty...

No, not my stomach. Although I might need to after yesterday...ahem...but I digress...

I joined Pinterest last year. Got accepted, activated my account and did...nothing. Avoided it like the plague. Even slammed it a little to friends. I dubbed it the "ultimate in time-suckage" because, let's face it, anyone who Pins knows--Pinterest is a giant vortex of suck-you-in-make-you-pin/read/foam-at-the-mouth/covet/exclaim/browse-for-DAYS. I'm calling a spade a spade, here. I could spend hours on the boards, looking at all the domestic tips and recipes and handy DIY projects, all with tantalizing pictures shot in that super awesome camera filter that makes them look flawless and perfect.
Photo courtesy of alwaysfoodie.com

I call Pinterest "Web Candy." Because I feel like I've ingested 870574 spoonfuls of sugar after each re-pinning/browsing/liking episode. I LOVE it. I do find it funny, however, when Pinners pin things like "How To Avoid Sugar--the recipe book" and then go on to pin recipe after recipe for things like Super-gooey Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter S'mores Bars, etc. (haha)

And apparently there are about nine hundred recipes for peanut butter cupcakes. It's mind-boggling.

Don't believe me? Go over to Pinterest and surf for free. And check out my boards while you're there. I'm still an amateur "Pinner," but I'm getting the hang of it.

Happy Pinning/Getting Sucked In!

No comments: