Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sunshine!!!!!

The sun has been out the last couple of days, and apparently we'll have it a few more days, and *GASP* it will be in the FORTIES this weekend!!! I am shocked!

I am going to revert back to a "weather wimp" once I've lived in North Carolina for a while, I have a feeling. Every time I talk to my realtor or a relo person there, they have been complaining about the "cold." Well, to THEM, fifty degrees or snow that lasts one day because it warms up the next day is "crazy cold." But I keep diplomatically silent and just smile. I remember moving to Wisconsin from Dallas, and it was sixty degrees and we were in our coats and freezing our aspergums off, and everyone else was walking around in shorts and flip-flops and tank tops.

Now, I'd go SWIMMING in sixty degrees! ;-) Well, maybe not, but I'd consider it. My kids were walking around with their coats off yesterday, and it is 35 degrees out. (I still got "on" them for not wearing their coats!)

Thing Four is feeling better, the croup is gone, he just has a cruddy cough. Now, Thing Three, who had a stint in the hospital with H1N1 and pneumonia in November (and who has had pneumonia AGAIN since) is now sick. Wheezy, coughing, fever. I am taking him into the dr. today just to make sure it isn't pneumonia again. He sounds awful. He truly has developed a "weak constitution" since the hospital, and I think North Carolina will be great for him. Heat and humidity will be AWESOME for his little uncooperative lungs. Poor guy.

Thing One is coughing now, too. Thing Two is coughing still, but he's doing better. He only got a mild case. At least they're all sick at once. I thought I had gotten it, but I just had a sore throat for a couple days. I'm fine, now. I just want this to end FAST! Especially since our house is on the market, and people are (hopefully) going to want to WALK THROUGH it. The realtor said we could officially start getting showings tomorrow.

Okay, that felt surreal.

5 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

Burn some sage in the house, or, better yet, since people are coughing, drop some in a pot of boiling water and let it waft through the air with humidity. Sage is an anti-bacterial. It will kill germs floating through the air. Figure about 1/4 cup of sage leaves to a regular cooking pot 3/4 full of water. Let the water boil first, then stir it in and keep it at a low simmer, adding more water, for a few hours. Add a handful of rosemary and mint, and it'll work even better.

We get sick a lot less frequently since we started doing that a couple of times a month.

Devon Ellington said...

PS I used to get pneumonia/bronchitis/coughing crud constantly from the time I was about 6 until I was in my late 20's and learned about the sage thing. I was pretty much hurling up a lung from Sept. to June before that, and miserable.

Lara said...

I am off to the store to buy more sage!!!!!! Thanks Dev! I have this giant nebulizer thing right next to him when he's been sleeping, which seems to help. I just want him BETTER!

Michelle Miles said...

Poor kid. Hope he gets better soon! I never knew about the sage thing - I will remember that for future reference.

We have sunshine, too, and it's glorious!

Anonymous said...

The only thing you'll have to watch when you move is allergies with him. We're getting to the season where there is so much pollen, everything becomes a hazy yellow.

I never knew sage was so versatile. Go figure.