Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Insert Witty and Vivacious Blog Title Here.

I'm a little sad. My soon-to-be three year old, (his birthday is in May) is rapidly changing on me. Gone is my sweet, pragmatic funny kid. In his place I have this whiny I'll-Cry-If-I-Don't-Get-My-Way little id who doesn't listen to me any more, and wants to do everything "his way."

*sigh*

Why can't they just stay sweet and accommodating? Why do they have to grow up (literally!) so fast?? He's already out of 3T and into a solid 4T, and I swear he's grown just in the last two weeks. He's taller, skinnier, and losing his baby fat. As all my kids inevitably do, and become toothpicks. I don't know what is up with my boys, but they are SKINNY. They eat and eat and nothing. In fact, I rejoiced when my nine-year old finally broke 60 pounds at the dr. the other day. He's been in the 50's for the last TWO years!

My daughter is the opposite. She needs to watch what she eats, and stay active, or she'll have problems. She HATES her brothers. Isn't that the way of things?

Heavy fog today. I actually like fog, if I don't have to be out in it. It's creepy and pretty and mysterious. Especially at night. Why else do they have fog machines for movie sets? Fog is cool!

Just when I didn't think I needed any more books on Anne Boleyn, I found another one, which I will read with great interest. Alison Weir, whom I greatly respect, has come out with THE LADY IN THE TOWER: THE FALL OF ANNE BOLEYN. Apparently she's discovered some new things about the doomed queen, and it will be interesting to see what she's found. She's a magnificent researcher/writer! And she Twitters! (Tweets?) I'm definitely following her.

Lots to do today. I'd better get going!




2 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

I saw that book the other day and thought of you!

The kids have to assert their independence, learn to be separate and individual. They do grow quickly, though. It's amazing.

Lowa said...

I hear ya girl. My Cyptic will be 18 and is only 99 lbs:( He broke 60 at about 9 or 10 years old and just got to 100 a few years ago and always hovers around this area. He is short too, thank goodness. Almost 5 foot 6, but still. Skinny at that weight. I was 98 lbs when we got married and didn't get over 100 until I was pregnant with him...and I am about 150 now. So there is hope for him! LOL Of course my thyroid is messed up too.

It is good that your Thing One is so active!

I always think of your Thing Four when I watch my friends' little guy on Mondays. He will be 3 next month. Thing Four seemed a lot like mine always were, talked early. This little guy didn't talk much until recently and now he just chatters away and is very easy to understand. Fun age! Sorry he is getting attitude now. Did you ever read the books about the half year issues? Something about 2, 3, 4, are easy but once they hit 2 1/2, 3 1/2 etc they go through a horrible time. Maybe he is at the tail end of his 2 1/2 year thing? Or maybe he is different and when he turns 3 will be rough but once he get to 3 1/2 he will be sweet again:)

Sorry to ramble!