Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break is Coming!!

Hubby is trying to go standby on an earlier flight tomorrow so I won't have to go back and forth to the airport twice. His flight would get in ten minutes earlier than the in-laws, so that would be FABULOUS.

I've got all the Easter basket stuff bought and hidden, swimsuits dug out/purchased, and now I just need to run to the store and stock up on a few things to take with us on the vacation. The hotel room has a full kitchen, so I am all for TAKING food with us. Otherwise you overspend horribly on the food on location.

Picked up Sherlock Holmes yesterday. To a hopeless anglophile who loves writing/reading victorian-era fiction, this movie was a TREAT. And quite fun, to be frank.

Had the yard service come and do a "spring cleanup" and the yard looks so much better. They whacked down bushes, cleaned up the beds, and made everything look nice. I am hoping we don't get any more frosty mornings, or my little tulips won't make it. They're not up yet, but after this weekend, with temps in the mid 70's, you know they'll start peeking up.

And then next weekend we'll get a foot of snow. Nothing surprises me now. ;-) I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Well, this stream-of-consciousness post must come to an end! Happy Wednesday, everyone! And a shout out to my friend Devon, who is seriously considering ark-building on the East coast, glad you're safe!! Hope the car is okay!

2 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Have fun!