Monday, March 08, 2010

Better.

Things have calmed waaayyyyy down. The kids are much better, they're in school (but Thing Three can't do outside recess until his x-ray on Wednesday) and I spent a lot of yesterday washing sheets and spraying/wiping rooms down. And the maid service comes today, and if it's another 40+ degree day, I may open the windows and let all the fresh air in.

Laura, I can see why you'd say my kids seem to be always sick. ;-) Actually, they usually only get sick a few times a year (and only in Winter!) but since there's so many of them, it d-r-a-g-s out forever, because they NEVER get sick at the same time. This time around, they've all gotten sick within a week. Hopefully we won't be going through this for a while again, especially with (fingers crossed) the warmer temps!

So, the kids are better (although Thing One was "on death's doorstep" yesterday, she's made a miraculous recovery, and yes, I think she was being overly dramatic) and the house is organized, and I feel much more...together. At least on the outside.

Now, it's time for ME. I need to get MYSELF in order. Stress has made me give in to comfort food lately, and I want to eat healthier and exercise every day like I used to. And I want to do Yoga less sporadically. A good friend gave me a subscription to Yoga Journal and it's been very inspiring! I want to do it every day, without fail.

And I want to get back to my writing and editing. Mostly editing right now, I have two novels I really think could get somewhere, if I just sat my ADD rear-end down and focused on them! Now that the house is easier to maintain, and I have my nights free because Hubby is in Charlotte, I have zero excuses. And I have to say, the itch to write has been REALLY persistent, lately. But that's a post for the writing blog. ;-)

It's a beautiful, sunny day, and things are looking up!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I just caught up on your earlier posts. Please trust me when I say that moving mid school year is the best decision. Your kids will have over three months to meet new friends before a long summer break. This way they'll have play dates and won't feel lonely. And the school won't be this mysterious place to think about all summer. Expect lots of tears from the kids (and you!) as you say good-bye to dear friends. Just know that more dear friends will come your way. And the internet makes the whole world a whole lot smaller.

Oh, and I'm glad you didn't think I was too big of a south hill snob for you to be my friend.

;-)

Devon Ellington said...

Amazing how much a little sunshine helps, isn't it? Glad everyone's on the road to recovery.

Lowa said...

I guess it just seems like your kids (and maybe your whole family) is sick a lot, since we just do not get sick. Many people we knew and knew of were quite sick this fall/winter and normally get sick at least a few times a year. We just do not get sick for some reason. I don't think any of us have had anything at all in at least 2-3 years. When we do get anything it is very mild. Last time any of us were bad off, was when Clown had pneumonia when he was two (talk about SCARY. Esp. when the loser Dr. took more than a week to diagnose it and refused to do a chest x-ray. I switched docs, let me tell you) and he will be 11 in May. This winter, when it was bad for illness and everyone around us had swine flu, a few of us got the sniffles for a few days.

It is just weird. I have the same amount of kids that you do and I know how it can drag on, takes some of them F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get what another has and you just think you are free and in the clear when one finally goes down! LOL I totally know. I guess when you guys get sick a few times a year that is a lot more than us since 2-3 of us get some small thing every 3-4 years. Right now Clown needs the nebulizer and is having some asthma issues, which sucks cause he may not be able to go to his friend's swimming party later today.

Anyway, glad you guys are feeling better and you can open windows (I LOVE THAT) and that you are feeling like you are getting your sanity back. YOGA ROCKS. I am off to do some now:) Have you tried hot yoga?