Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Where's the "OFF" Button?

I couldn't turn my brain off last night. I was VERY tired, and instead of staying up and watching shows with Hubby, I went to bed at 9pm. WAY early by our normal standards. According to Hubby I was completely asleep when he got into bed at 11pm, but I snapped wide awake sometime later, and my brain was going over everything I had to do today, because since I work a LONG shift, my time is very limited. I have to cram in a lot before work, and a lot after.

I got up, and looked at the clock. It was 2am. And I was NOT going back to sleep. So I went downstairs to my office and filed and labeled all my old Primary music stuff, and it's now all in a drawer, neat and organized. Then I scribbled down a few To Do Lists, one for Today, for the Week, and a General One. THEN I went and found the remotes and the mounting equipment for the two flatscreen TV's the installers are putting up for us today (the movers packed the mounting equipment SEPARATELY from the TV's--I could kill them because two and a half months later I finally just found it--in an unlabeled box no less) and finally, FINALLY collapsed into bed at 4:30 am, and no sooner had I closed my eyes...

(*Insert annoying alarm clock noise here*)

...It was suddenly 5:30 and Hubby was getting up, becaue he had to be downtown by 7:30 for meetings. Granted, he works downtown, but if he wants to get there by a certain time, he has to leave here by a certain time (a.k.a. The Butt Crack of Dawn) because of traffic.

So I am a zombie this morning. And now I have to run and get into the shower and get the kids going, because I work at 8am.

(*Insert Curse Word Here*)

Why can't I be like those droids in movies where we get all riled up and we have a little button at the back of our necks, that when pushed, we "shut down?"

I would definitely sleep better.

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

Poor you. I'm home today because - it's snowing here. I know. You laugh, but this is after all Texas and NO ONE can freaking drive on the stuff. hehe

Get some rest today! That's an order. :)