Monday, January 29, 2007

Tossing and Turning...

I don't want to use this blog as a platform to rant about my current (knocked up) state, but I have to say, either I've gotten UN-used to being pregnant, or this one seems to be more difficult than my others.

(*Insert MAJOR growl of frustration, here*)

I toss and turn all night now, because if I stay too long on one side, my hip socket on that side feels like it's going to pop out. I've tried pillows (my record: sleeping with FIVE) and I've tried the Body Pillow, and I've tried sleeping on the old mattress, and I've got the Memory Foam Thing going, but nothing seems to work. Not to mention that I am now CONSISTENTLY getting up to go to the bathroom at 2am and 4am, like clockwork.

I am a zombie most days. And I know the lack of sleep will only continue AFTER the baby is born, so why am I having this problem now? It's frustrating at best. I am to the point where I want to get a semi-deflated AIR mattress and stick it next to the bed. Heck, I would squirt shark pee up my nose if I thought it would knock me out and let me sleep. Who cares if I wake up and my hip socket is completely dislocated. I JUST WANT ONE GOOD NIGHTS' SLEEP, DANG IT!!! WAAAHHHHHH!!!!

*Ahem* So we had a pretty good weekend. Hubby needed some serious down time (they're closing out the year, trust me, I'm happy to see the end of January) so we didn't do much except for a few errand-running trips and one birthday party drop-off and pick up.

I got the boys into a soccer clinic on Saturday mornings, and although I was unable to get Thing Two onto a team for Spring (we moved here too late and all the U8 teams are full) at least he can do the Saturdays and Thing Three (who has the REAL soccer talent, which I would never admit to Thing Two) will start playing on a team again in April. Next is getting Thing One into Volleyball and Gymnastics again, and all three Things into swimming. Yeah, I'll be running around a lot again, but after the baby is born I'll just cart him around with me. I've done it before!

Our NEWLY ordered Popcorn maker is supposed to come today! We ended up getting a better one. We paid a little more for it, but apparently we were getting a cheap one, that wouldn't have held up well. You gotta love EBAY!

Time to get the kiddos on the bus. I just hope they don't get hypothermia--it's a whole FIVE degrees outside! BRRRRR!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've often thought of creating a bed for pregnant ladies with a hole cut out of the mattress so you can stick the belly in it and sleep on your tummy. Kind of like a massage table! This part of pregnancy is what scares me the most. I HAVE to sleep on my stomach.

Lara said...

Yeah...I HAVE to sleep on my back. (or, at least, I once DID!) Hence the tossing and turning. But don't let my craziness dissuade you from doing the "pregnant" thing! It's only about four months of being uncomfortable--and the end result is well worth it!
:-)