Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tandem Nightmares...

Don't know if I should be concerned, but two of my kids and I had nightmares last night. HORRIBLE ones. I dreamt that some sort of bomb went off and everything was a mess, and looters broke into our house (only it was the house I grew up in) and took everything, including my kids, and I was running through these wrecked streets, screaming for them, trying to find them.
I was awakened from my dream by Thing One, who was at my bedside crying about her dream. She had been kidnapped and locked in a dark basement, and there were glowing eyes and something started roaring at her, and she was screaming. Thing Two told me over cereal that he had dreamt that we were all together in a restaurant, but suddenly he was in the woods in back and he couldn't find us, and he was scared.

I mean, what is the DEAL? I dream about getting separated from my kids, and they dream about being kidnapped or "losing" us. Craziness...

...Still shaking off that horrible dream. There were many other parts, it was one of those all-morning-long ones again.

Otherwise, last night was good. Our personal trainer came, and BOY is she awesome. She developed workout strategies for both of us (but it was all about Hubby last night because my O.B. shut down any working out until my ultrasound results this Friday) and she said after I have the baby she's going to put me through "baby boot camp." I'm excited. Well, nervous, after seeing what she will make us do, but it's something I truly NEED. Someone ELSE to motivate me, rather than just myself.

No work today, but I'm going to tackle a few closets. FUN. I just hope I can shake the yucky dream. It's still bugging me.

4 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Gaw! I hate dreams like that. Makes you want to hug your kids tight, doesn't it?

Lara said...

Eeek..what does THAT mean???

Hopefully Nothing.

Lowa said...

Wow, hope you feel better soon. Makes me think of the time Thing One had the dream about...was it Thing Three??...who had been taken in the woods behind the house?? Is that correct?? I can't recall exactly, but I remember you all being very unsettled by it. This makes me think of that.

I had a HORRIBLE "dream" a few nights before my brother died. I don't know if you ever read my blog, but eventually I am going to post about that. I have to deal with his death and I have not been doing it properly. Writing about it will be very healing, I think. My Doc has put me on meds for panic attacks and says I am depressed. I am not that type of person and think it has to do with not dealing with my brother's death. It was a premonition type deal that I had, I am still not sure if I was asleep or not.

Anyway, that may not have been the thing to say! LOL I am sure your deal is the pregnancy and have the kids seen any movies that may have caused this??? Princess is upset by seeing "Monster House". *sigh* I KNEW I should not have let her watch it, but I needed as sitter and the TV set doesn't charge me much, you know?? I had to get some things done and now I am paying for it with an upset child.

Feel better! I am sure you need more sleep, too. Try to take a nap today and take it easy already!!

Lara said...

Laura, I do read your blog and was sad to hear about Davy's death. I think we all can "sense" things sometimes, and that sense can manifest itself, in dreams.

I just can't help but ponder the coincidence of over half my family having the same underlying theme in their nightmares last night...and Thing Two NEVER gets them!