Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I SHALL be organized!

Status: Feeling tired from yesterday's exertions--and I may have possibly OD'd on Candy Hearts...

Okay, not that I’ve made the new years resolution or anything, but for some reason, since it’s a new year, I feel the need to get organized. I’ve made a phone call to our handyman to build more shelves in the back basement (to hold all my storage tubs) and I bought TONS of hanging green folders at Walmart yesterday so I can get most of my novel research into cohesive groupings, AND organize my church singing visuals. GO ME.

Of course yesterday afternoon I spent about 3 hours mucking everything out in the storage area, and can I just tell you how NASTY yellow rubber gloves get inside when you’ve been busting your a** in them for three hours? Let’s all say it together: EW.

But now it’s fairly clean, and I have to figure out where to put everything back. That should take this week up fairly nicely. And I hung the pictures and billiard-cue rack, and made the basement livable. Now it really looks like a BASEMENT!

We watched CARS in the movie theater last night, and the kids were fairly awed by the giant screen. Forgive my schooldays-slang, but it was FREAKING AWESOME. But for some reason the cable doesn’t work, so I have a tech coming out Thursday morning to attempt to pretend he knows what he’s doing. Okay that was mean, but it seems that way whenever the Cable Guys come out!

Edited two chapters on the Novel last night. This conversion process from First to Third Person is proving tricky. I have decided to make the switch, and THEN go back and add in different perspectives, etc. Otherwise my head will explode. Then I watched Pride & Prejudice and Phantom of the Opera, until the wee hours in the morning. Insomnia whenever Hubby travels, is LAME. I'm really tired this morning.

Oh, and yesterday I renewed my subscription to F.A.R.M.S. (the Foundation for Ancient Research and some Other Blah Blah Blah) and I need to find an archaeologist or anthropologist who can give me the details on the latest equipment they use on digs. So I need to get in touch with a professor somewhere. OR I could Google. I love google. I know I’ve said that many times, but Google rocks!
I’m finally taking my friend’s advice and attempting to write a novel with a religious theme. We’ll see how that turns out. I have my cast of characters (for this time and ancient times) and now I just need the location. I’ve narrowed it down to a few spots in South America, but the research HAS to be extensive. Unfortunately no research trips will be possible for a while with the imminent arrival in a few months of our little Hoover Vacuum. (Yes, he’s hiccupping as I write this!) But I’m excited to write it and I hope I can do the topic justice.

Okay, enough writing blather. Time to pack lunches! And then it’s into the shower and off to work!

No comments: