Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hallelujah!!

I've got Handel's Chorus running through my head this morning. We got the verbal offer yesterday, and we are getting the written today.

FINALLY.

So, I'm feeling somewhat relieved. I'm not full-on celebrating yet, because until the house has changed hands, I'm just...not.

I just got the parent/teacher conference times for my kids, and I'm going to have to call the office. They are at 4:00, 4:20 and 7:10. SEVEN TEN??? Just a little gap, there. Besides, the kids all have swimming class at 5:45, so it won't work. Phone call time...

Got all antsy yesterday. I have all these planned trips to the U.K. and other places (in my head--don't know when they will actually come to fruition) for novel research, but will I take any of them any time soon? Nope. One of my writing friends let me rant yesterday about how I feel slightly "trapped" because of my imminent arrival. I guess Google and Libraries and Barnes & Noble will have to suffice for now.

I skimmed through a seeming 600-page biography of Francis Drake yesterday (doing research) and how many pages were devoted to his first wife, out of all of them?

Not even one. Three paragraphs to be exact. I mean, this guy is probably the most THOROUGH biographer of Drake I have ever read, and even HE had nothing on Mary Newman. That's just wrong. I am on a mission, as far as she's concerned. More to come later.

Okay, my kids are being VERY high maintenance this morning. I want to ground all of them. I'd better wrap this up. Ah, the joys of Motherhood!

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

Hang in there - you'll get to the UK in time. :)

Congrats on the offer!!