Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tidbits...

I have a new love: Balsamic Vinaigrette. I loooooove it on salads. I always order it in restaurants, but I got a bottle at the store, and mmmmm. Now I'll eat salad every day, just to be able to have it. Yummy!

Okay, don't know why I wrote that, but it's a slow day, people.

Apparently, J.K. Rowling was quoted as saying she had written "750 pages on the Seventh Harry Potter novel," and she was only "half way through." Of course this rumor was immediately debunked on her website, but I couldn't help but think, I would LOVE it if that book was indeed, 750 pages and only half finished. As would any die-hard Harry Potter fan.
Heck, I want to have to haul that thing out of the bookstore on a crane. I want to have to build a special standing book holder just so I can read it. Bring on the Monster Seventh Book! It could be the size of a baby elephant and her fans would eat it up. I mean, doesn't she realize that?

I had to put Thing Three on the bus without a coat. He apparently left his only coat at school (in my defense when he came home last night without it I thought it was in his backpack) and so I'm panicking. I called his teacer and begged her (in a message) to call me if his coat is not found, so I can buy one and run it to the school. It's COLD today! And the little tyke has four recesses. I am not having him outdoors without a coat, no Sir.

I was tucking him in the other night and he told me that there's this girl at school who likes to kiss him. I stopped smoothing his covers and said "What? He said:

"There's this girl in my class and she always kisses me. I don't know why."
"WHERE does she kiss you?" I asked, nonplussed.
"On the cheek"
"How many times?"
"Today it was once in Music class, once at recess, and once in class."
"What do you do when she kisses you?"
"I say "Thank you."

I then explained to him that this little girl, as nice as I'm sure she is, should lay off on the whole kissing thing. I didn't make a big deal out of it, I just told him next time she tried, put his hands up and say "NO THANK YOU." And that was that.

Cut to last night, I was tucking him in and he said "I did what you said, Mom."
"What's that?"
"That girl tried to kiss me again and I put my hands up and said, "No Thank you, ew!"
"What did she do then?"
"She said "Okay."

That's what I get for having a cute kid, I guess. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest story!!

And if you're digging balsamic viniagrette, you should check out Wish Bone's spray dressing. It's goooood! Plus, it's fun to spray on your salad dressing. Oh, and only one (two??) calorie a spray! Can't beat that!

Michelle Miles said...

Aw! It's scary being the mom of a cute boy. Mine has a "girlfriend". *sigh*