Tuesday, September 12, 2006

How to Squish Fried Worms...


Well, kidding about the fried part, but it rained all day yesterday so I couldn't do my 45-min. walk, so I stayed inside and brought out one of my old workout videos: Cindy Crawford's Next Challenge.

Okay, yes, this video was purchased in the early 90's when I was in college, but damn, that Cindy (with help from Radu) can make you sweat!
I ached like HECK all last night and even a hot bath didn't help.

So, it rained all night, which kept me awake (as well as Thing One's panic attack at 2am because she is deathly afraid of throwing up and she thought the burritos she had for dinner were going to make a reappearance) and I was VERY tired this morning, but it wasn't raining, it was "misting" so I decided to go on the walk. Little did I know what I was in for.

It was as if every earthworm that ever existed had decided to wiggle out onto the streets of my neighborhood. Big fat earthworms, long skinny earthworms. And lots of smashed earthworms. It was like dodging Worm Pate on the road. I had to force my morning orange juice to stay down whenever I misjudged and slid along the road on a squished earthworm.

EEEEEYYYYAAAAAHHHHHHH. Squished worms are not exactly my thing, if you haven't guessed by now.

But I made it. I did the full walk, and I survived.

Although if it's still raining tomorrow I might opt for Cindy Crawford over squished worms...

No comments: