Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Day of School!

Well, the kids are on the bus and on their way to school! Thing One was a little reserved (as she is when she's petrified) but we stood at the bus stop with all the neighborhood kids and she loosened up real fast when she met some girls her age. Thing Two got right on the bus with a new friend, and Thing Three, who is in Kindergarten, has an orientation today and his first day of school is tomorrow. So it's just the two of us today. Exciting!

I've been doing the happy dance all morning. It's so nice to have some peace around here. I think there is just something about the last week of summer break, it seems to drag and the kids seem to be even MORE bored than usual.

I have a list a mile long of things to do, and one of them is to buy some shirts for Thing Two. We bought him a bunch of shirts in size small (8-20) and for some reason they are huge. So I washed them and tried to shrink them, to no avail. So I have to run to Target or some other place to get him a bunch of size 7 shirts. Why is the jump from size 7 to size 8 so distinct? I mean, he looks like he's wearing his DAD'S shirts!

I guess that's the peril of being truly in-between sizes. Thing Two has grown so much he's like a monster second-grader. A really skinny monster second-grader. :-)

Well, I'm off to spend some quality time with Thing Three. He's really excited and we're going to hang out before his orientation. I just can't believe that tomorrow, I'll have an empty nest!

:-(

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

I have the same problem with my son. He's a size 5T but they are a mile too long and fit in the waist. The 4T are way to short and fit in the waist. It's annoying.

Hope you had a lovely day :)