Friday, November 19, 2010

This Could Get Interesting...

So, yesterday, I survived the first Class Party. Great. I go home, and suddenly, my left eye feels "weird.". So I look in the mirror, and it is sort of red. Yuck. I take out my contacts, put my antihistamine drops in, and hold a cold, wet washcloth to my eye for 15 minutes. Guess what?

Nothing. It didn't get better.

I'd taken my Claritin D 24-hour pills that morning--what was going on? By the time Hubby came home from the airport, my eye was REALLY red. And this morning, BOTH my eyes are now red, and I have sinus pressure. It's not painful, but it's there.

But I have faithfully been taking my allergy medicine!

I guess it's time to see an allergist. I think I might be allergic to a bunch of things. And I suspect one of them might be down. We have a down comforter and pillows, and it seems when I get close to them I get the red eyes. Which, frankly, doesn't make sense because we've had a down comforter for about seven years. I know, huh?
I am taking the comforter to the dry cleaners this weekend and using different pillows, so we won't have any down on our bed for a few days. I am going to see if things clear up. In the meantime, I look like I either A) am a ravenous vampire or B) have a raging case of pinkeye or C) haven't slept in 40 days and 40 nights. Outstanding.

I can't wear my contacts, so it's glasses today. I think I scared Thing Four because when he woke up he looked at me and recoiled, and said "Mom, your eyes are scary!"

*sigh*

Why me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been outside alot? Mold from the decaying leaves and the rain this week is an allergy KILLER. Don't toss the down pillows yet.

brookstar said...

saw this and thought of you. can you name 200 harry potter characters in 18 minutes?

brookstar said...

oops here's the link

http://www.sporcle.com/games/GeoGod/allharrypotter