Thursday, November 04, 2010

Merry Christmas!!! YEAH!!!!!


No, I'm not another person complaining about how all the stores are officially decked out in Holiday/Christmas and it's waaayyyyyyy too early for that yadda yadda yadda. Because the stores and the retail mentality have finally WON.

Bring on Christmas! Bring on the trees and the lights and the really cool little gift displays that only arrive once a year! Bring on the Stollen and Aplets and Cotlets and Candy Canes and Advent calendars and cloying cinnamon-scented pinecones that are EVERYWHERE!!!

My neighbors are getting their yard Christmas-ed out in lights already. I was like "whoa guys, simmer down," but now I have a hankering for getting my own trees up and playing Christmas music. There's nothing like listening to Bing Crosby singing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" or Johnny Mathis singing "Winter Wonderland," whilst curled up looking at a beautiful tree and sipping peppermint hot cocoa. *sigh*

This time of year rocks. I figure I'll give myself one more week of pumpkins and fall foilage, and then, LET THE DECORATING BEGIN.

WOO!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're crazy . . . you know that don't you???

Lara said...

Certifiable. At least when it comes to the Holidays. :-)

Devon Ellington said...

I start right after Thanksgiving. This year, with a HOUSE to decorate -- I'm going to be almost as certifiable as you are! Can't wait. ;)