Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm Such a Sucker

I guess I was wrong. Basketball games start on December 4th, but practices started last night. Heh heh. So, no more breaks for me. And it doesn't help the practices are 20 minutes away. Oh well. The Weddington rec plays games on Sundays, and Waxhaw rec doesn't. So, it wasn't worth it to miss more than half the games. I will say, though, now that I've started driving my kids to and from school, I'm filling up my tank 2 1/2 times a week. UGH. But it's worth it. I don't want them on that nasty middle school bus.

So why am I a sucker? I definitely am one...for British Royalty, that is. Today it was announced that "Waity Katy" finally got engaged to Prince William. Can we all say...finally?
I remember as an 11-year old (did I just date myself?) getting up at 2 am in the morning to watch Lady Diana Spencer wed Prince Charles, and I was so completely into it. You know I'll be tuning in (or at least recording) this wedding, which will probably be The Wedding of the Century. Can't help it. It's the hopeless Anglophile in me. ;-)

Today is busy. Laundry, errands, I have to bake two pumpkin pies for my daughter's church program tonight, and cut up fruit for Thing Three's class party. I loathe pumpkin pie, because of an unfortunate stomach-flu episode when I was a kid. I always make it for my family during the holidays, because THEY love it, but I can't even take one bite. Which is odd, because I love all other things pumpkin--bread, cookies, doughnuts, cupcakes, etc. I just can't handle the pie. ICK.

The leaves are really starting to turn, now. It is so beautiful outside! Still warm, and still gorgeous. North Carolina is awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched that wedding too. But I was 13! No Tivo back then.

Janey