Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break is Over.

And I'm a little sad. Who am I kidding? I'm a LOT sad. Hubby flew back to Charlotte today, and we won't see him for a month. THAT is sad.
We had a lovely time together, he had the whole week with us and we did all sorts of fun things with the kids every day, and had a few "just us" date nights. But now he's far away again and we are all "back to the grind."

I am a little emotional. Probably because I'm fighting a head cold, but it didn't help much when he texted me last night and told me to listen to "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City. Talk about a major SOB FEST. I was crying my eyes out.

I'm okay this morning, but I have a lot of stuff to do. I know we can get through being apart, in fact, I have to say it's made us all stronger as a family, and MUCH more appreciative of each other.

Doesn't change the fact that it sucks.

Saw a few movies over break. CLASH OF THE TITANS was awesome, but if you haven't seen it yet, skip the 3D version. More than a few times during the movie I wondered why I even had the glasses on. We also saw HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON and you MUST see that one in 3D. Because it was made for 3D, which is all the difference. Way cute movie, too.

We stuffed ourselves with great food, had two good showings (sadly, one of them had a house to sell, funny how that is usually the case) and I lost my prescription sunglasses at the hotel we stayed in. But of course they've vanished. I even tried calling Lost and Found. Nada. I've been so GOOD about not losing those glasses! Now I have to wear stinkin' contacts and sunglasses when I drive, which is a new pain because have you ever tried to remove contacts with brisa gel nails? Especially nails that are due for a rebalance. I think I scratched my eye out trying to remove one. UGH.

Okay, enough whining from me. Wallowing is over. Time to toughen up, focus on what I have to do, and DO IT. It's MONDAY, people!!!

No comments: