Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laundry Day From (insert where here)...

I was very proud of Thing One last night--she was AWESOME! She's never played volleyball before (only casually for church) and she was returning some of the hardest serves and they got VERY few balls past her! The coach kept her in for a long time, and didn't rotate her out until the end. She needs to work on her overhand serving, but that will come in time. Or I could find someone awesome at volleyball to TEACH her, because awesome at volleyball I am NOT. ;-)

She stopped being nervous after a while, she was scared she wouldn't know where to go. The coach is teaching them the high school-level rotations, and the other teams just stand there. The girls are confused a little sometimes, not knowing where to go, but I say teach them the hard stuff out of the gate, and then it will become second nature to them later!!

One of the soccer moms on Thing Three's team graciously helped out and picked him up and brought him home after the game, so I could enjoy watching Thing One. Of course, I had to balance Thing Four on my lap for the entire two+ hours we were there because the gym was so small they couldn't have the bleachers pulled out in order to have two courts going at once, but we survived. And luckily the iPod didn't run out of juice, and he stayed quiet most of the time.

But we did eat dinner at 7:45, and that was way too late. What can you do when volleyball runs from 5 to 7pm? You can't eat before, except something small. I heated up some leftover chicken for the kids because if I cooked they wouldn't have eaten until well after 8--and their bedtime is 8:30!

Yeah, I need to plan that one a little better next time--volleyball game nights just might be "crockpot dinner" days...going forward.

Today is laundry day. And it should be, since I haven't done laundry in two weeks. I know. I KNOW! Don't roll your eyes like that. My kids have a LOT of underwear. ;-) So when it's out, I know it's time. I am not...fond...of doing laundry. Bet you couldn't tell. And yes, I know it's best to pick one day a week and just DO IT, because otherwise it gets overwhelming and I have to do fourteen loads in one day, yadda yadda yadda. I'm just lazy about laundry.

I am feeling much better. Thing One played with a horrible sore throat, but she's better today. It looks like Thing Three escaped the cold--THANK HEAVEN. Maybe it's all the extra vitamin D I'm giving him. He's so much healthier now. He's running around the soccer fields and getting his lungs back, and I really think he's making progress. I just want him healthy and strong. That's all a mom can ask for. ;-)

Better go tackle Mount Vesuvius and Mount McKinley in the laundry room!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get down here, check out Carolina Courts for Thing 1's volleyball. It's a great program.

I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm with you on the laundry. My kids won't wear faded clothes, so most of their stuff is hung up to dry. ICK!

Devon Ellington said...

Isn't it amazing how the laundry reproduces whenever you turn your back for a minute.

Glad she did well in volleyball. I always hated playing it.

And glad you're all feeling better.