Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bread and Procrastination.

Tomorow's blog will feature an interview with my friend, writer Colin Galbraith, whose novel STELLA just came out! Tune in tomorrow for details!

SO, I decided "to heck with it" yesterday and I baked some of the bread dough I have languishing in my fridge.

YUM.

It was...perfect. My kids freaked when they came home from school and had to have toasted bread all around with butter. I let them eat it all up. It's amazing to me how four simple ingredients can taste so darn good together! I used a flat baking sheet to slide the dough onto the baking stone, but I've ordered a pizza peel to make it easier. And we LOVE to make homemade pizza, so the peel will come in handy.

I just might have to make another loaf today! ;-)

Last day of school today. Of course I forgot completely and had to run to Target at 7am and get candles and giftcards for the teachers. Yeah. Totally spaced that one! Or unwittingly procrastinated it until the last minute. Ooops.

My life is laundry and cleaning the house today. I've put it off far too long and I love that "sparkly house" feeling. I just hope I can finish it today--I have the attention span of a three-year old.

No, seriously. I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homemade bread AND clean laundry? What could be better??? Sounds great.