Monday, April 11, 2005

Having a Reflective Day...

Quote of the Day: Never argue with an idiot, cause he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I guess my day hasn't been so much reflective as it has been pensive. I have been thinking long and hard about what I need to do, as a writer, to get where I want.
My whole life, I've had this problem with "getting out there." I'm shy by nature with unfamiliar situations and people, and perhaps that's what's prevented me from really "going for it" in the Writing Industry.
I'm not sure what has happened to me. I used to be so vivacious and confident when I was younger. Maybe I need to "get out more," which can be difficult for a stay-home mom with little adult interaction. I've let myself get to the point where I am virtually "anti-social," and I don't like the way that feels. I need to meet new people and make new friends. I also need to get cracking SERIOUSLY with my writing, instead of the half-hearted stabs I have been attempting since the new year. WHAP! (Lara hits own head ferociously). SNAP OUT OF IT LARA!

Now, what to DO about it...

1 comment:

Cassaundra said...

Ahh...now with this, I have plenty of experience..hmm..now for you I suggest taking a trip out on your own, just by yourself, to observe the world around you. Maybe go to a swanky resturant, a little coffee shop place (starbucks is NOT even an option safety girl!) Just somewhere with an eclectic (sp) vibe. I know you can find some how to have 45 min. to yourself.

All I'm saying is try diffrent surroundings. See if there are any open mic nights that you can just observe, or poetry readings at any local book store (yes, major chains can apply here due to the non-smoky environment). In order to know the world, you have to be IN it. It's this way that I get my best creative flow. I guess you could say I feed off the vibes of the "extremly inspired" folk that participate in these things.

For now this is my advice. You can do it! Let the hubby watch the kids one night. You can do some research on www.mycity.com and see if there are any artsy writer forums. You might be suprised! Hugs for the best!

Your ever adoring and helpful social butterfly,
-CassTheMag