Tuesday, August 25, 2009

WHEW!

Yesterday was a very busy day--but I accomplished a lot. I mowed the lawn for two hours. UGH. Twelve large bags of grass, and I hauled them to the mulch dump. Go me.

We have mud wasps nesting in the side of our house, right behind the air conditioning units. At first I thought there was a dead animal in the flower beds, because it looked like a swarm of flies. Then I realized as I got closer, it was wasps--and they'd dug a hole in our stone, and made a nest!

Yeah, being a dork, I tried the bug spray. I waited until this morning (it said "early" morning, 6am seemed early) and sprayed. I plugged up the hole with dirt and rocks. Luckily they aren't aggressive stingers, but it made me nervous how there seemed to be HUNDREDS of them zooming around. And I'm sure they'll burrow their way out again, it's what they do. I think it's time to make a phone call--especially since they're in the side of my house, UNDER ground. Scary. I was laughing, I googled how to get rid of them, and one poster said to get a shop vac (which I have in my garage) and put the hose by the opening and suck them all up.

Tempting. Hubby says I shouldn't. But still...tempting.

Time to feed the kiddos! Well, the two-year old anyway. The others can feed themselves. Love it.

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

LOL I don't thin you should do the shopvac thing either. What do you do with them when you're ready to empty it? Are they going to swarm you? EEEK.

Call Terminex! LOL