Monday, August 03, 2009

So, I just realized something that stinks. Hubby is in New York all week, and whenever he does that, I stay up late and write or watch movies, but I HAVE to get up at 6:30 am every morning this week, because I have to drive my kids to classes.

That just isn't right!

I stayed up until 12:30 last night, editing a story of mine, and THEN it started raining around 2am so I had to run around and close the windows in the house because the wind was bad, so my sleep was interrupted, and I had to get up at 6:30.

I'm sitting here, exhausted. So, it looks like the "usual" bedtime for me, this week. Dang it!

Had a research breakthrough last night, on one of the real people I'm writing a fiction story about--Mary Newman, Francis Drake's first wife. I tried a genealogical search, and I FOUND HER. It was a great feeling! And I found some contact information I hadn't had before, so I printed up the info and stuck it in my big research binder, and I'm planning on emailing this guy soon to see if he has any info on Mary. Yes, I'm still trying to get anything I can, on her!

Made homemade hamburgers and french fries last night for dinner, and I think they're still in my stomach. :-( My kids seem fine, though, so maybe it's just me.

Sorry, no wit today. Sleep deprivation makes me grumpy. Hope everyone has a good Monday. I have to go chauffer, now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about Mary!

Hope you can squeeze in a nap today!

The Bean Cassarole said...

Breakthroughs rock. I hear ya on no sleep, but it's because of the heat here and we have no a/c.

Of course I don't have to chauffeur kids around, I have to go to work and be a good little manager and set and example...blah. :)