Monday, August 17, 2009

Soccer Square One.

Interesting Question of the Day: (As seen in headlines)
What if John Edwards had won, and THEN the scandal came out? What then?

I try not to be too political on the blog, but I have very strong feelings about politics, and sometimes, that can seep over here. So, in case any of you don't think I'm into Politics, I VERY much am. I just like to keep things "light" on here. I mean, who wants me rambling ad nauseum about how our new president is bankrupting our country and ramming his far-left agendas down our throats?

Certainly not me. So, I keep things "light."

;-)

ANYWAY, Thing Three's new soccer coach called me last night, to make sure we'd been getting his emails. Um, no. I'm glad he called. He had one letter wrong in our email address.
I had to tell him a little about Thing Three's abilities, because, sadly, this man has never heard of my son, and doesn't know him. Thing Three has played with the same group of boys for the last three years, but now that they're expanding the playing field, they've combined the two teams and the new coach doesn't know what the other boys can do.
So, I told him about MY son. Yeah, I'm biased, but he's pretty good! I didn't get into details, just told him about his experience and how pumped he is to start the season. Vaguely specific stuff.

Hopefully his skills will speak for themselves at the practices this week.

I have a full plate today (Mondays always seem that way) so I'd better get going. We have nothing (and I mean absolutely NOTHING) scheduled the next two weeks before school starts, so I'm going to let the kids enjoy the rest of their summer days. They are fleeting, after all!

Happy Monday, everyone!

4 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

This president is NOT far left. If anything, he's far too much of a centrist, and he's too willing to kowtow to the GOP, whose only agenda is to see him fail, not to improve this country.

If this country can afford, under Bush's guidance, to hand out money for TARP and to AIG, which should have been allowed to hang by its own petard, it can damn well afford to reform health care.

You're right about Edwards, though -- IF he'd won and the scandal came out after -- well, he'd be out.

I'm glad we were, at least, spared that.

Michelle Miles said...

Well it's not ALL Obama's fault. We can blame the housing meltdown on Carter. ;)

Aimee said...

Politics aside, I thought I'd let you know I'm stalking you through your brother, sister and husband on Facebook. C'mon, friend. Give in!

The Bean Cassarole said...

Politics aside, she did add me to her facebook, not only that, but also chatted for a bit because she was online the same time I was. ;-)

Just passing it along (hehe).