Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Say It Isn't So...

Paula Abdul leaving AI??? You've got to be kidding me! That Kara Diwhateverhernameis is highly annoying. Paula was PURE ENTERTAINMENT.

The show won't be the same. I may not even watch it any more. So sad.

Yeah, I need to get a life.

Yesterday was sort of...lame. It just was. And I need to start going to bed earlier. I'm one grumpy momma this morning.

So, Thing Four, who is two, is MEGA attached to his blanket. He's like, LINUS ON STERIOIDS. Seriously. He's always asking for his "Nonny" and he wants to "hold it" and "cuddle with it" and whenever he gets a boo boo or gets upset about anything, he needs to "hold his Nonny."

"Nonny" used to stay in his crib. He only had it at night. Granted, I'm lucky, he doesn't suck his thumb or chew his blanket anymore, but he has to have that blanket with him, all the time. And it's getting worse. He acts like a total milktoast now, and I need to nip that in the bud. It won't be fun, but I'm tired of the whining. He needs to toughen up, and lose the blanket.

Sorry Nonny, nothing personal...

5 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

I don't watch AI, so I don't care one way or the other, but I bet a lot of people are upset.

I think it's a ploy to get more $$$ She'll come back later in the season or next season.

The Bean Cassarole said...

I'm kind of biased on the whole blanket thing because as you well remember I've had mine for EVER. I don't think it made me any less of a person, and it was sometimes the only comfort I got.

I did stop toting it around in public as I got older of course (and no that wasn't just a few years ago, I can hear you making that comment from here! ;-)), but when I just needed some form of comfort it was always there, and I'd pull it out secretly.

I may not still use it, but it's always not far away. :D

And about Paula, don't worry, I have a feeling she'll have her own reality show within the year, and it will be titled "AI- the way I wanted it to be, and my battle with Sasha Cohen". Or some crazy thing like that.

Lowa said...

I'm with Bean Casserole. Why does Nonny have to go??:( Thing Four did just turn two, right?? My daughter sucked her thumb until she was six. My boys had pacifiers until they were four, we just weaned them off of them by only allowing them to have them at night, then only every other night, etc. All three of them were done by the time they were four. I would have waited longer, but we could not understand what they were saying with those things in their mouths! LOL

Let us know how it goes! Kids need something comforting and it can be pretty traumatic for them to be taken away too soon. I know you didn't ask for my opinion and you may not even post this. I just wanted to say that it isn't like he will go off to college with it. And even if he does, who will that hurt really?? Ya know? LOL

Michelle Miles said...

Actually, I'm kinda glad she's leaving. She was super annoying to me and I quit watching. I might watching again! haha

My kid is nearly 8 and he still sleeps with "Blankie".

Lara said...

Laura,
I guess I should have clarified. I'm going to "limit" the Nonny time. Nonny will probably stay in the crib.I would never take it away completely. I have an 11-year old who still sleeps with hers. :-)
No harm, just I'm tired of the baby constantly whining for it. I think if he knows it's only for "sleeping time" he might be less inclined to whine.
:-)