Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Sickie-Go-Round...

Status: Barely alive. Was up all night with fever-y, sniffly baby...

The one thing I detest about sickness in our house, is that once it's introduced, it takes FOREVER to weed it out. And because none of us ever get sick at once, someone goes down one week, and the next week another family member gets it, and the next week and so on, until by the time the last family member FINALLY gets sick, the virus/germ/whatever has mutated to the point where it's completely new and we get all sick all over again.

So at the first Exposure, I become Mom The Germaphobe Germfighter. I change sheets and toothbrushes, I Lysol everything to death, quarrantine people, etc. etc. Anything to get us all better and get the germs OUT.

Last time we were all sick for two months straight. We've enjoyed a fairly healthy run of one and a half months. Hopefully it will be a couple of weeks and we'll be back to normal. I am getting "sick" of the Sickie-Go-Round. But it is inevitable. My kids go to public school. My husband works in an office with other workaholics who come to work sick. The weather here is hot/cold/hot/cold/cold/warm/cold/cold/cold/warm/cold and well, you get the point.

We're doomed. :-D

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Our weather is very hot/cold too. But so far *knock on wood* none of us have gotten sick. I can imagine with four kids, though, it's hard to keep the germs out. Poor you. Hope you can get some rest soon.

Anonymous said...

Do you get to wear a cape and spangly tights?