Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rain is Depressing.

Status: Feeling just...quiet.

We've had days of rain now. All the soccer practices are cancelled, because apparently you could sail a yacht on the soccer fields. All Saturday's games are cancelled too, because we're supposed to have rain for the next week straight.

You know, after it snowed, at least the SUN came out. There hasn't been any sun. It's depressing. The sun tried to peek through a couple of times yesterday, but the clouds weren't having any of it. I remember a few years back, where we had 28 days straight of rain, in the month of May. I'm wondering if this is how it's going down THIS Spring...

I got some writing in last night, but I was so tired I had to call it quits. I literally fall into bed these days. Lack of sun makes me tired. Everything seems...blah. Does that make sense?

Bought Libba Bray's The Sweet Far Thing the other day. I'm salivating to read it, but I'm waiting until late May--because I have an entire day of flying (two connections) to get home from my sister's wedding, because we used free miles. So Thing One (who is a junior bridesmaid) and I will defintely need our Ipods and reading material. The flight there is only six hours of traveling, but the flight back is something like ELEVEN hours. (Hey, it's free, can't complain.)

Well, Mount Vesuvius in the Laundry room is calling my name. Time to separate by color and start washing! I am anal about the laundry. I have darks, light blues and grays, reds, pinks, greens, whites, light browns, dark browns, and THEN I sort all the towels and sheets by color.

Yep, anal. But our clothes look FANTASTIC.

If I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the laundry!

Hey, maybe you can start a sailing club on those soccer fields!

Michelle Miles said...

Would you kill me if I told you I do only 4 loads a week? Sometimes 3 depending on if I have sheets or not... lol

Lara said...

Well, not KILL you, but be "extremely jealous." A light week would be eight loads for me...

:-P