Monday, December 03, 2007

The Irony.

Status: Well rested. We got to bed at 9:30 last night. Thing Four didn't wake up to eat until 5:30 (he's teething and has been up all night the last three nights moaning and then he realizes he's hungry, and then...you can guess the rest.

Thank heaven for Tylenol. And Baby Orajel. And those teething toys you put in the fridge. I have a veritable arsenal for Teething Defense. Thing Four is getting his top teeth. He already has two cute little ones on the bottom, and now his top left one has poked through, and it will be any day the right one will follow.
I'm thankful he doesn't scream or cry, but he does moan. At night. That's about the time I start to curse the inventor of the Baby Monitor. But I figure: hey, I stay home, I can get a nap during the day if I need it. Life goes on.

Okay, here's the irony. While getting onto the freeway the other day, I got TOTALLY run off the road by this crazy minivan. The woman was NOT going to let me in. Since it was kind of THE LAW to let me in (not to mention common courtesy) and she was having none of it, well, I got a bit mad. Okay really REALLY mad. As I was honking and shouting...some not nice words, I happened to see the bumper sticker on the back of said minivan.

"I'M TRYING TO BE LIKE JESUS"

Yeah, you jackass, I never would have guessed!!! If you were REALLY trying to be like the Man Himself, you would have LET ME THE HELL ONTO THE FREEWAY!!!

I had to laugh a little, though. It was a tad ironic. Getting run off the freeway by a driver who is Trying To Be Like Jesus.

I guess you had to be there.

Although I need to lay off the road rage. Thing Four's first word is going to be a four-letter one, at the rate I'm going. :-(

So the weekend was Okay for the most part. We had a big snowstorm. At least Hubby and I weren't the only ones running to Home Depot for Winter fertilizer and Driveway Stakes (to mark for the snowplowers) before the snow hit. Of course there was a tense moment when Hubby, while attempting to pound the stakes into the ground, realized that the ground was frozen and the stakes were NOT going in. Needless to say he was very unhappy about it--our weeny hammer wouldn't even work, so I went and got one of my big 'ole arm weights out of the workout room and we used that. Just as we got most of them placed, the snowflakes started to fall. Our neighbor was running all over his lawn with a fertilizer spreader. We all had to laugh. He finally gave up, since he has an acre lot and the snow was really coming down. Oh well. We'll get our lawn in the Spring.

Today I only have a few things to do. It's the end of the week that will get a little crazy. Right now I'm going to wake Thing Four up and have some play time. I can run around later. It's eight degrees outside anyway. Ya think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always the ones who flaunt their religion who are the biggest hypocrites.

Those who actually live their paths don't need to broadcast it.

We only got a couple of inches, and it was washed away by rain last night.

Anonymous said...

Now that is funny!

Ann said...

That is a riot.
I've noticed what Devon says - whenever someone makes a big production out of being a Christian, I think to myself, "Watch your back."