Thursday, October 12, 2006

My New Job...

I started my new job today! I decided that until this baby comes, I will work part time (a few days a week while the kids are in school) and so I applied at Kohl's and they hired me. They are very accommodating with my needs and I have to say I'm going to love working there. Plus I'll get out of the house and interact with people, as opposed to sitting at home, staring at my computer all day.

I have to say, it's the cleanest store I've ever seen. Probably because it's in the middle of nowhere and no one shops at it. Seriously, there are always more employees than customers! But it will be a way to pass the time. I did retail for 12 years before I became a stay-home mom so it's not like I can't handle it.

I have an 8 o'clock shift, so I won't be able to blog in the mornings on the days I work. Today was a nice day, though. I got off at 1pm, and hubby had been out with vendors so he was off work too, and we spent the afternoon together. We even cooked dinner! On the menu: loaded baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, chicken cordon bleu, garlic bread and asparagus. I think we were really hungry so we just cooked whatever we felt like. It was way too much food but it was nice to cook a meal together in our new house.
Speaking of which, I have to keep working on the Master closet. I swear I want my part of it knocked out tonight!

And then we're cuddling up to watch CSI. It's freezing cold outside, and we're supposed to get snow soon. Hot chocolate weather!

No comments: