Monday, October 30, 2006

Crazy Weekend...

And how, but I have to say at least it was productive. Hubby and I got the rest of the entire upstairs knocked out, the kids rooms are all unpacked, and the Jack and Jill bathroom now actually has carpets and towels and a shower curtain in it, and the upstairs library nook is looking pretty cool, now that it's not choked with boxes and...well...crap.

Of course my children have been living in chaos for so long, they seem to have forgotten how to make their beds and pick up after themselves...*grumble*. I'll have to "re-teach" them.

I worked hard Saturday. I was worth absolutely zilch after 9:30 pm, and I think Hubby was tired too because he went to bed the same time I did.
And of course on Sunday, my brain woke me up at 6:30 am, but in reality, it was 5:30, because of Daylight Savings. I couldn't go back to sleep, and I remembered that it was the first day of my new calling as the Church Primary Chorister, so I spent the next couple of hours making games and posterboards for the FOUR songs we have THREE sundays to learn for the Christmas program. And I only get 15 minutes with the kids each Sunday. So I'm making "choir books" so they'll at least have the words. Yes, it's cheating, but I'm not that good at teaching new songs. I sent a letter home to the parents and asked them to help their kids sing the music at home. 45 minutes just isn't enough time for four-year olds to learn four songs and ALL the verses!

Whew that sounded like a rant. I am excited because today is warm--50's and sunny. I've already been to Walmart and the grocery store and stocked us up for the week. Now I just need to knock out some more boxes today, and call it good. I don't work until Wednesday, and it's a weird shift, 11-3. I am usually 8-12. But at least I won't have to run around in the morning!

Still itching to work on my novel. A lot of my writing buddies are doing NaNo this year, and to them, my hat is off. Good luck! They're a talented group, and I know they'll churn out some great stuff. For those of you who don't know what NaNo is, it's National Novel Writing Month and people challenge themselves to write an entire novel...in one month. I did that once, it's how Emma Roy was born, but it wasn't for NaNo and it was in July. Man, I was crazy. All I did was write. It was so much fun!

I'm rambling now. If you've made it to the end of this post, well... you must be bored! Have a good day! At least it isn't snowing...

2 comments:

Lowa said...

Goodness, sounds like quite a weekend alright!

Can we look forward to photos of your office???

You taking your kids to "Flushed Away" this weekend?? We told our's they could choose between it and the third Santa Clause movie and they opted for the Christmas one!!!! I am excited:) Although Flushed Away looks cute.

So we hope to see that this weekend, except that we placed the condition that they have to be on their best behaviour. Already the 11 year old is...lucky he is not dead. He spent much of the weekend sitting on a dining room chair and doing chores. So we may get a sitter for him and take the rest of them.

You amaze me with all that you do! Unpacking, leading things at church, etc etc. I hardly do that NOW, but when I am pregnant, I seriously can hardly function at all. I am always amazed reading your blog!

Michelle Miles said...

It wasn't rambling at all! Good luck on teaching those kiddos. LOL

I can't believe I totally forgot about NaNo. I guess that means I'm not doing it. haha