Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tuesday

Wow, Blogger is S-L-O-W this morning...

No rabbits on the lawn this morning--heh heh, they were all over the neighbor's yard. I guess blocking their access hole did the trick. It looked like they tried to dig it back out, but gave up. We'll see how long that lasts.

I wrote a prologue last night. My stories come to me as movies in my head, so I write what I see. Granted, it was only 847 words, but it was something. I've just decided that there's no pressure, I'm just going to set my goals low, and sit down when I can to write. I have to write out the movie in my head, before I lose it.

Reading a new book too--I only had time to read the first chapter yesterday, but it looks promising. It's The Innocent by Posie Graeme-Evans. It's the first book in a trilogy--and its a medieval novel. I love historical fiction. You can look into a window of time and experience what the characters experience, and it's entertaining and educating at the same time.

I hope I have time to read more. The first chapter really grabbed me in.

Everything is turning green, and I am SO PROUD to announce that I mowed the lawn. Hubby edged, and Father-in-law whacked down shrubs, and now I'm busy buying planters and ornate pots to put everywhere, to fill with flowers. Hubby goes to California tomorrow for three days so I think I'll do all the planting while he's gone and surprise him. I am no green thumb, but I definitely know how to plant some flowers. It was nearly 80 degrees yesterday, Spring is officially here!

Time to rally the Troops for school. Thing Two just came downstairs with a VERY scary ensemble--yes, I should be off my head with joy that he can dress himself, but I have to remember that six-year old boys have ZERO fashion sense. Ugh.

2 comments:

Lowa said...

OOooooo...that book sounds awesome! Thanks for mentioning it, will have to check it out.


Will you post pics of your pretty flowers??? I need to get going on that too!


I struggle with them dressing themselves also. For the most part, they are pretty good. Lately, my almost 11 year old thinks it is cool to wear his pants very low, which he always said was "stupid" when he saw teenagers doing it!?!?!?

Bernita said...

That is a very beautiful cover.