Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm SUPPOSED to be Cleaning...

Movie Quote of the Day: "There is a Piper down, I repeat there is a Piper down"-- So I Married An Axe Murderer

Okay, so I hear from Hubby (who is working in Denver) that the two feet of snow they got yesterday has already melted, and it is nice and sunny. Whew. Strange weather. But I guess it doesn't matter, because he's in North Carolina the rest of the week and it's going to be mid-EIGHTIES. Poor Hubby. Too many climate changes, if you ask me.

I had another Accident-day yesterday. I closed my foot in the car door on the way out for a showing, I had a book fall on my head at Half-Price Books (gasp! Erm…well, yes, I went there for a fix, what can I say? I’m a weakling for books!) and I rolled my ankle on the last step on the basement stairs, and later at night sank down onto a VERY sharp toy truck hidden in the sofa cushions and spent 5 minutes dancing around in pain holding my derriere. (I SWEAR that bloody thing punctured me too!)

While digging through old boxes, I found one of Hubby’s old computer games, The Seventh Guest. So I put it in the computer, and played around with it after the kids were in bed. VERY creepy! Kinda stupid too, but REALLY fun. You can read about the game here. Apparently it was one of the pioneer games for CD Rom in the early 90’s. The music is WAY cool, too. Either that or I’m easily entertained.

I’m supposed to be working on the YA historical, but I don’t have the heart. (Shhhh! Don’t tell my agent!) After the rejection on the Anthology and butting heads with my agent on my latest novel, all I really wanted to do was sulk in front of the DVD player and work my way through a box of Godiva.
Since I'm not one to have Godiva on hand, I settled for a few trick-or-treat-sized boxes of Milk Duds and a DVD rental viewing of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" after the kids were in bed. Can I just say, I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time? My stomach actually hurts this morning. Very, VERY clever movie!

I’m kind of out of it. My cold has settled into my lungs and I might need antibiotics. At least Thing Two seems to be out of the woods. And Things One and Three never even got sick, go figure. It's raining today, and I have a laundry list of things to do that is longer than my daughter's face when she has to do her chores.

So up and at 'em, I say. Here I go...

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

You poor thing. I hope all of your injured parts are okay. I did the Three Things in my blog today. :)