Friday, October 07, 2005

Family Reunion

Hubby comes home today! Hubby comes home today!

(Now before you go and retch up your morning Wheaties, let me explain that Hubby has been gone for two weeks now, and aside from the sheer niceness factor of having him around, I am going to get a chance to escape and get some "me" time this weekend--ha ha!)
Granted, he's only here until Sunday afternoon, but the kids really need their dad. And so do I.

Okay, WHAT IS UP with the freezing temperatures? It's the low forties, and NO sun. Thing Two kept me up all night with vomiting and a hacking cough, I am praying he doesn't have the Flu. He doesn't have a fever so maybe he coughed hard enough to trigger the gag thing. He's sleeping now, I am keeping him home from school.

Of course I accidentally forgot to put the heat on "hold" so it was 68 degrees in the house when I woke up, shivering. Brrrrrrrrrr.
Thing One and I got into a major scuffle over her wearing her winter coat, as opposed to the light windbreaker she wanted to wear because big coats aren't "cool."
Well, I told her (in front of the neighbor friend who came over to wait for the bus with her) that if she didn't wear her winter coat I would strip her naked and make her wait for the bus in ONLY her Mary Janes and her backpack.

She wore the coat.
I swear, I don't know what her problem is! She is seven going on EIGHTEEN, apparently. Hmmph. I'm sorry, but I'm not taking crap like that from a seven year old. It's way too cold to wear some flimsy thing--and the wind makes it worse.

Okay I'm in a pissy mood now so I'd better go--I have to get the house clean before 10am! I hope we get some showings this weekend!

Have a good weekend, everyone.

No comments: