Thursday, October 20, 2005

Halloween is EVIL I Tell You...

...but not in the sense that its evil as in "Fruits of the Devil" evil, just in the sense that all that Halloween candy at hand is NOT helping my waistline. (Which is quickly becoming a waistcircle.)

I knew I shouldn't do it. I told myself I wasn't going to do it. But one visit to Target, and I folded. I bought Halloween candy, for a variety of reasons. Little did I know that I would find myself creeping back to the bowl again and again for more. So I developed a strategy:

Hide the candy high up or in a place hard to get to, thus reducing the frequency of sampling:
Due to inclement weather, hiding said candy on the roof just wouldn't work. I tried hiding it in the WAY TALL cabinet above my fridge, but nothing is as determined as a woman needing a chocolate fix.
Tried hiding it inside a box inside a box inside a sealed plastic container in the basement storage room (where Santa typically hides the presents) but I swear, during stressful moments those little mini-Snickers bars were calling my name.

So, now, there's only one option. Throw the dang candy away. We're not even going to be here for Halloween, so why did I buy it in the first place? As Napoleon Dynamite would say: "FREAKIN' IDIOT!" (Ok, so I was bored and watched Napoleon Dynamite last night. I needed a laugh because I was depressed that I ate so much chocolate.)

So I've round-filed the candy in the garbage. Thankfully, when it's surrounded by old bacon and bits of toast and dinner plate scrapings, it's not as appealing.

Check out my blog today on the Scruffy Dog Review Blog--on it I talk about my all-time favorite author, Jane Austen. Apparently, she's still "got it." Read the blog to find out why!

Happy Thursday, everyone.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Aaaaargh! I agree. I keep telling myself to buy stuff I can't stand - as I put those tasty little Reese's peanut butter cups into my grocery bag.

Anonymous said...

you have lots of talent!!! nice job

Lara said...

Whoever you are, thanks!

:-)