Wednesday, October 19, 2005

How Cool is This...

One of the posters at Backspace (a writing forum I lurk at) found an amazing site with a webcam set up at a pond in Africa--and during peak hours you can see Elephants, Zebras, etc. in realtime! Go here for the site. Thing Three and I saw a VERY big elephant today. Just be sure to note that Botswana is SEVEN hours ahead of Central time (where I'm at) so you have to get on in the morning for the peak action. How fun!

And here's a little "Knitting Joke" I heard, and decided to post it just for Karen: (It was originally a Dumbe Blonde Joke so I'll try to be as Politically Correct as possible while I'm at it):

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the (insert hair color of choice here) behind the wheel was knitting! Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, "PULL OVER!"

"NO!" the (insert hair color of choice here) yelled back, "IT'S A SCARF!"

Heh heh. Feeling better today. The ears are unplugged. But I am still freaking out over all the things I have to do before the movers land next week. And it's Thing One's birthday on Wednesday. She's turning eight. That is such a big deal.

And I feel like a schmuck because if I threw a party for her on top of all the stuff I'm doing I would seriously need a RUBBER ROOM. I just can't handle that stress right now. I hope she'll forgive me. She'll have a party next year. But hey, she'll get presents from the family! (Isn't that the whole fun of birthdays anyway?)

K, I have to get back to de-junking!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And happy birthday to your girl! :)

Ann said...

Hee hee! Great joke!