Thursday, June 02, 2005

Writer's Block and Jumbalaya

Quote of the Day: If we had no faults of our own, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others.-~Francois duc de la Rochefoucauld

I haven't written a darn word this week, unless you count this blog. I've cleaned out the garage, learned how to grill, organized my craft room (Egads that took forever) and taught a rubber stamping class to eight very enthusiastic Brownies. I cleaned out my freezer, planted flowers, removed a large wad of chewing gum successfully from Thing One's hair (using ice cubes first and then peanut butter) and finished HENRY VIII by Robert Lacey.

...But no Writing. Tick tock. Tick tock. And I don't have a novel written. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? The weather here in Wisconsin is so dang beautiful. My lilacs are beautiful, my grass is green and my shrubs are exploding, and all the tree-lined streets are breathtaking. There is so much beauty outside, so why am I not inspired? (All I've gotten from spending my time outside is a bunch of freckles and the need to shower more than once a day).

So maybe I should stay inside and concentrate on writing. Maybe if we get a day of rain, I'll be able to. Writer's block seems to be happening a lot to me, lately.
I guess being in LIMBO (see previous post) is affecting me more than I want it to. (Again, can't talk about it now, but hopefully there will be news soon.)

Tonight I am going to make Seafood Jumbalaya. I'll try and tone down the spices for the kids (they all have weenie mouths like me) but I have to find a happy balance because Hubby likes it spicy. He could eat Jalapenos straight from a jar.
I tried a jalapeno once...and I think I have blocked the unpleasantness that followed from my memory. Yes, it was that bad for me.

Well, it's off to the dry cleaners and the bank and the store, among other things.

1 comment:

Cassaundra said...

I eat those out of the jar too, you can blame my immunity on eating so much Zataran's! My new kick is pepper, which I add liberally to EVERYTHING. I'm weird, I know..mmmm...peppercini's sound good too.