Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Centipede Smoothies?

Quote of the Day: A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.--Carrie Snow

-I am the Smoothie Queen. I bought a Smoothie Mixer last week, and the Windows of Heaven have opened (only to zap me with the proverbial DUH!! Lightingbolt, I am sure).
Why didn't I buy one before now? I mean, nothing bad can be said about a yummy, thick, flavorful shake made out of fresh fruit and ice! Yay! I've been making one every day, for lunch. Stick a couple of packets of Splenda in it and Voila!

-We've been having a Centipede problem. They are all over our house! In Houston it was Roaches, in Dallas it was ants and here it's been spiders, but Centipedes? I didn't know they were even pests! All I know is that I killed five of them in the house yesterday (mostly by the back door but one in the basement and one upstairs) and my dog is having a ball, seemingly supplementing his diet with the little buggers. And these are the big, juicy ones, by the way. I mean, do I need to call an Exterminator? YUCK.

Of course it would help if all my kids weren't horribly afraid of bugs.
Thing One runs through the whole house screaming with her hands in the air whenever she encounters a Creepy Crawly (let's just say that Mosquito Eaters put her into near cardiac arrest).
Thing Two, well, frankly, I worry about him. He's going to be teased relentlessly in school someday because one tiny ant can make him pee his pants in terror. And I'm not kidding. He has a bona fide Bug Phobia.
Which brings us to Thing Three, who, in typical boy fashion, has only a passing curiosity of bugs (except spiders--he doesn't "do" spiders) and loves to torment his older brother with any bug that comes to hand.

I hope Thing Two never becomes a spy for the Government. All the enemy would have to do would be to tie him up and dangle a grashopper in front of him and he'd tell them everything they want, and more. I think I need to look into ways we can help him with the bug phobia.

Well, July is around the corner and I am excited for several reasons, the Fourth (also my puppy's First birthday!) and of COURSE the 16th, for all you Harry Potter fans (17 days, 17 days!) and it's the month full of parades and warm weather and popsicles and VACATION. I love July. Bring it on!

But for now, I need to focus on my to do list for today: Grocery Store, boys' haircuts, Target (for another birthday present) T-Ball and Gymnastics.

Go Me...

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

I hate bugs. And speaking of ants - we had an infestation in my son's room the other night. They were all over his bed. Poor baby got bit on his legs (he had gone in there to get Blankie when we heard the squawling). So, at 9:30 that night, I stripped the bed and vacuumed the entire upstairs while Hubby got ant poison and sprayed the baseboards. We can't figure out where they came from.

Is this long enough for you? :)

Ann said...

We get centipedes too - I HATE those things. All those icky little legs...