Thursday, June 23, 2005

Great Day

Harry Potter Book Excerpt of the Day: "So light a fire!" Harry choked."Yes...of course...but there's no wood!" Hermione cried, wringing her hands."HAVE YOU GONE MAD!" Ron bellowed, "ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!"

Yesterday was a GREAT day. I mean, it was one of those days that just seemed so wonderful at the end of the day, from the time we all got up, to the time we collapsed in bed.
We had a yummy middle-of-the-week breakfast, then the power promptly went out at 8:30 (causing me some deep reflection and soul searching, not to mention a very productive trip to Target with the kids)
Then we came back home and had lunch outside (power was back on by then) and enjoyed the sunshine.
We did the normal routine until Hubby came home, then we made tacos as a family and the kids actually ate their dinner (go kids!) and then we all went outside (Daddy too--he wasn't too tired tonight) and rode bikes for a while, then went and had a Family game of Catch in the backyard, (heavily dosed with mosquito repellent) until we could barely see the ball because the sun had gone down.
Then it was back inside for vanilla icecream with chocolate syrup in wafflecone bowls, and to bed for the kids.
Hubby and I worked out, and spent some QT together, and went to bed.
Yes, this is a boring post, but I just had such a great day yesterday, I had to share.

Summer is about the only time I can stand Wisconsin. Man, I love this time of year!

On the Writing Front: yes, it's horribly embarrassing to admit that my little novel-progress counters on this blog haven't budged all week. I just haven't written anything. Not one stinkin' word. I think I need to remedy that today--after I've cleaned the whole house, bathed the dog, gone to the store and the cleaners and done 7 loads of laundry.

Bah.

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. :) It's alwasy nice to have QT with the fam. :) (And, uh, I haven't written on my WIP all week either. Gack.)

Colin said...

Dinnae worry - it only takes one good night's writing and those wee markers will budge - they'll have to! :-)

Ann said...

Your posts are NOT boring - I'm hooked on this blog.
And if life never interrupted writing, what kind of writing could one do?
(Wow, that was heavy, man. Hee hee.)