Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Things Are Gettin' Crazy...

I can't believe there's only six weeks left of school! I'm starting to freak out a little bit. A) because I like having one kid around the house and B) Summer is going to be CRAZY this year.

I kind of don't want to think about it. I'd really like to get the Remote Of My Life and press "FF" for about six months. Yep. Then I'll be a very happy camper. Unfortunately, that's not how things work. We're supposed to HAVE the crazy experiences, because they are for our GOOD. I think. Right?

Ugh.

I have to try and find a birthday cake today, unfortunately we discovered JUST NOW the recipient is taking Friday off, so that will be problematic, seeing as the party was going to be on Friday. Ooops.

I started de-junking my garage yesterday, and it was like Christmas all over again. I undid every single box, and sorted stuff into "will use it" piles and "Goodwill" piles. Goodwill is going to LOVE me, can I just say? I don't have time to set up a garage sale, so everything is just GOING. And I threw away a bunch more stuff. Although I was SUPER sad to part with Thing One's baby clothes. I mean, they've sat in storage for TWELVE years, even if I gave them away they're unwearable at this point, because they're so old. It's memories. I have kept her Blessing dress, and some of the important things, but everything else must go. *sniff* :-(

So, I get to do more ripping my heart out throwing stuff away today, regardless of nostalgic value. We need to DOWNSIZE the junk quotient. Because my junk is unique. It can reproduce and make babies.

Yes, I swear it really can.

2 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

I know. I go into the basement to the unpacked boxes and they've not only moved around in the space, but made more boxes!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you. You're much better than I am.

I still have your baby clothes. Can't bear to say goodbye. :-(

Mom