Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Playing Catch-Up.

Since I am an avid worshipper at the altar of PROCRASTINATION, I tend to "put things off" until the last minute. Let's say on Monday, I make a "to do" list. Well, instead of knock it out as quickly as possible, I usually put it off and put it off and let other things take precedence, and then, on Friday, I have to run around to seven different places and accomplish the entire list in one day. And I am a completely exhausted wreck at the end of the day.

My FIL has a saying, which drives me nuts: "Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?"

It only drives me nuts because he's totally right, and I have GUILT when I procrastinate. I know I shouldn't do it. Because eventually all the things I have to do get overwhelming and I just throw up my hands and say "UGH. TO HECK WITH THIS."

I'm so brilliant, right? ;-) But it's not the way to be.

Well, excuse me while I run around doing all the things I didn't do the last few days. UGH.

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You had to recover from your bad day!