Thursday, April 28, 2011

I am SO Watching The Royal Wedding. (There, I Admitted It!)

I don't care if everyone else is sick of "Royal Wedding Stuff." I don't care if half the UK finds Will and Kate boring. (Would you rather they were felons? Puhleeze, people!), or if the nastier gossips think Kate had planned behind closed doors with her mother to bag William for a decade. WHO CARES. I'm totally going to admit it: I'm a sucker for a royal wedding. As a hopeless anglophile, I've always had a soft spot for that dysfunctional royal family across the pond. So, yes, I have my DVR set to record a bunch of pre-wedding shows and the wedding itself, and I will watch every single one of them. :-)

I remember VIVIDLY in 1981, when I was nine years old, I BEGGED my parents to let me watch the Royal Wedding of Charles and Diana. I got up at 2am, the house was still asleep, and I sat in front of the TV, watching a fairytale unfold. Sure, Charles wasn't exactly "dashing" or anything, but Diana Spencer was beautiful and her dress (back then) was just like a fairytale princess's, and I watched from beginning to end. I even remember feeling shock when Diana goofed up Charles' legion of names during the wedding vows. And I remember the camera panning to Queen Elizabeth, and her looking ridiculously bored and stoic. Maybe she knew a lot more than she let on, at the time?? Hmmmm. I wonder if she'll look the same tomorrow? Probably. She's not exactly Guy Smiley.

Tomorrow's the big day!! I need a diversion, and this is right up my alley. :-)

Lots of running around today, and lots of rain. At least we don't have TORNADOES. My thoughts go out to all the people who were affected by yesterday's storms.

3 comments:

Cassaundra said...

I am actually totally right there with you. I have some friends who are actually making "stylish" hats to wear today for a pre-wedding tea party!

I would so be one of them if I didn't have to row with the other slaves. >.>

Michelle Miles said...

I totally set the DVR...

another lonely girl said...

Most of us here 'across the pond' are getting into it - it's been back to back for the last week and a half so there's nothing else to do! Getting up at six to watch the earliest coverage possible... no, I'm not totally obssessed!