Monday, April 27, 2009

Taking The Plunge

I did it. Yesterday I printed up a query letter and the first ten pages of my manuscript, and this morning, I ran to the post office and MAILED them, to Dream Agent #1. She, for some reason only accepts snail mail queries, and takes about 6-8 weeks to reply, so I figure I'm safe in submitting to her now. My first ten pages are what they are, at this point.

So, I have 6-8 weeks to finish my edits, IN CASE (and this is a big if) she asks to see more material. I'm taking the plunge.

And if she rejects me, I will move on to querying Dream Agents 2, 3 and 4. At this point I have about twelve I think would be a good fit. But I have to wait until my edits are finished, because agents 2-4 accept email queries, and two of them literally got back to me within a few days (one within a few HOURS) with requests for fulls the last time I queried. So I can't query them until the ms is READY.

Had a nice weekend, but it rained and rained and rained and rained. In fact, everything got cancelled and Saturday night we all woke up at 2am with lightning blasting right over our house like a cannon. The kids handled it pretty well. I ran upstairs to check on the baby, and he was sitting up in his crib and he looked at me and said "Mom, wah was that? It went BOOM."

:-)

Today I am doing the typical running around, and will try and squeeze in some editing time. Thing Two gets his Bear award tomorrow night at Cub Scouts and I am very proud of him. He's worked hard (ahem, as have I) and he's finally getting ready to move on to Webelos. Which will be next time, because his birthday is in two weeks. *SIGH* now I need to get Thing Three finishing up his Wolf Badge. A mother's work never ends...

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

Thinking good thoughts on the agent search!