Tuesday, August 23, 2005

SOCCER!!!

Quote of the day: "You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." ~Franklin P. Jones

It's officially that time, folks! Thing One has a pre-season Soccer tournament this Saturday, and Thing Three has his first game. VERY exciting.
Thing Two opted not to play soccer this season. I told him if he really didn't want to, I wouldn't force him. He's our cerebral one, anyway. But we need to find another sport for him to get into--hopefully he'll express some interest. He's never been very "athletically inclined" (I guess that's my side of the family) and I feel like a bad mom--I should have made him do soccer, so at least he'd be doing something. It's hard when you want your kid to like sports, and they resist.

I LOVED sports when I was younger. I love them now, too, but I was never any good at them because I never got signed up for them--hence no practice. My parents both worked and my mom didn't have time to drive me around. I guess that's why I am adamant that my kids at least get to try the sports they express an interest in. And if they hate them, fine, at least they had some exposure. And if they love them, great. Thing Three will be our little athlete. Thing One is a hybrid--she enjoys sports but she also enjoys school. It's funny how my boys are polar opposites, and my one girl is smack dab in the middle. Interesting.

Hubby was out of town last night, and I did something incredibly stupid. I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. and watched the entire 2-CD set of Pride and Prejudice, the Colin Firth version. *sigh*
I think it is truly one of the most romantic stories ever written, and I love watching it on film. *sigh again*
Now I'm incredibly tired and have a headache, but I need to do some cleaning. My wood floors are starting to look neglected, and I need to start helping Thing Three brush up on his alphabet and numbers before Preschool starts!

My writer friend B.K. --her kids have already started school. I'm highly jealous. Mine don't start until Sept. 1st. The days can't come soon enough! FALL IS COMING!!!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

My son announced to me that he wants to be a race care driver. Of course, his father is encouraging that to the highest level. :/ I think I'd much rather have the kiddo in soccer.

Michelle Miles said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.