Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Headaches Suck.

Quote of the Day: "It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Stalled a little on the novel yesterday. Was multi-tasking, doing research for a sequel to the completed Middle Grade novel, and got stuck on a VERY well put-together Tudor Website. You can find it here, and the blog for the website updates is here. It's called "Tudor History.Org" and is a very well-maintained and organized website, for all you Tudor fans.

I think I am very quickly becoming a fan myself. The Tudor Period was so fascinating, albeit a "Crude and Stinky" time, as my 14-year old heroine would say. I found a wonderful book by Alison Weir, titled: The Six Wives of Henry VIII at Half-Price the other day, and like a fool, I didn't snatch it up. I think I might risk dragging the kids there again, to see if it's still there. I love Half-price books. I have found invaluable historical books there.

Then last night, about 5pm, I got a migraine. I get them once in a great while, and all I could do was take my medication and lay down in my completely dark room with a pillow over my head and try not to throw up for four hours, while Hubby (who had just gotten home from a harrowing day at work himself--he's getting ready for a major business trip) fed the kids and entertained them (and kept them far away from me) and got them into bed.

I have a good man, what can I say.

Today will be jam-packed, lots of errands and double sports night. This is the last week of T-ball, so at least we won't be having many more "Chef Boyardee Ravioli" nights...and yes, you can tell I have some guilt over that.

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Ew.. migrains are the pits. Hope you're feeling better now, though. And what a guy your hubby is! :)

Lara said...

Ooh, Thanks Devon! I'll look for it.

Ann said...

Thanks for the Tudor website! I'll check it out.
And hope you feel better soon - headaches are absolutely miserable.