Monday, February 14, 2011

V-DAY.

Ah, yes, the lovely Valentine's Day. Dreaded by many, loathed by some, embraced by most. My significant other is currently in Las Vegas on a business trip, so I am going to dinner with a friend tonight.

We had a busy but good weekend. Sunday Thing Three and I finished up his Cape Hatteras Lighthouse project, complete with tri-fold display with all sorts of info and facts. We sawed off the bottom of an old bird house, painted it, then taped up a Styrofoam cone, and cannibalized one of Thing Four's Megamind Happy Meal toys for the top, complete with duct-tape covered toothpicks. It was tedious work, but it turned out well. Here is The Real Cape Hatteras Lighthouse:
Here is his (slightly smaller) version:


Yeah, he kind of goofed and it only has two stripes. But hey, it lights up!

I think he (and I!) did a great job. And you gotta love modeling clay. It truly rocks.

I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's day. Even if you don't have a partner to share it with, tell all the people who are important in your life you love them. It's a great day to do it! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! You guys did a good job on that.

Anonymous said...

WOW. It looks just like it!

Janey

Devon Ellington said...

That's very pretty! Well done!

Happy Valentine's Day, my dear!

Aimee said...

The teacher will be super impressed! I mean, hello... it lights up!