Friday, October 08, 2010

I Survived The Mold Incident.

Well...I'm not dead. (See previous post.) I felt sick to my stomach into the afternoon, and around noon I got a nasty headache, but other than that, I'm ok. Lesson learned. I headed right to Target and got a brand new filter, and scoured/sanitized the pitcher so I could use it again.

Yuck.

Thing One had basketball last night--team tryouts aren't until next week, but the coach held an open gym at the middle school for all interested girls. There was a good turnout--Thing One worked hard but she feels like there are girls who are much better than her. Well, she's right. There's always people who are better at sports. It's a fact of life. I certainly wasn't a fantastic cheerleader in high school. I had to work extra hard to learn the dance routines, because I had inherited my dad's lack of "coordination." (sorry Dad.) But I had enthusiasm and heart, and I worked my butt off. So, if she works hard and practices (and she will) she has a chance of making the team. Besides, it's not like she stinks. She's actually got some talent, which will work to her advantage. She's not "entirely" like me. She's got some of her dad, in her, too. Thank heaven. ;-)

I guess we'll see.

Hubby comes home tonight. He was in LA and NYC this week (talk about time zone change craziness) but at least he finished up in our time zone, so when he gets back tonight he won't be "off."
The kids are out of school on Monday (back in WI this was a regular school day) so we'll have to do something fun.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

Keep flushing out your system for at least three days. I'd toss the Brita and buy a new one.

Fingers crossed all stays well.