Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WHEW.

Okay, before I launch into today's post, a few tidbits for you Harry Potter Lovers out there: Click here for a complete in-depth (and completely spoilerific--be warned) synopsis of a recent Chicago test-screening of the first Deathly Hallows movie. It looks to be AMAZING!!!

And for you VAMPIRE DIARIES lovers out there--I am LOVING this:

Yeah!!!

Now, about first day of school. So, we PLANNED to have the kids in bed by 9pm last night. Well, they had scouts and church stuff last night, and didn't even get home until 8:40. And they had to shower, and of course they all wanted to talk and talk and talk talk talk talk blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda until I screeched at them to get to bed because it was now 10:30.

We went to bed. Cut to 2am. Thing Four falls out of bed (yes he sleeps in a queen bed and yes I have guard rails on both sides because he is a very restless sleeper) and starts crying. I ran to comfort him and his siblings were already in there with him, calming him down. I screeched at them to go to bed, I had it covered. Cut to 3am. Thing One comes running into my room fresh from a nightmare, and needs me to tuck her in. I practically fall over my own feet I'm so tired at this point, but I make it to her room and tuck her in again.

5:45: Wake up Thing Three because his bus comes at 6:45. 6:30: wake up Thing One because she doesn't like to blow dry her hair. 7am: wake up Thing Two because he takes an hour just to eat breakfast.

Anyway, they all got on the bus okay, my house is a total sty and looks like a tornado ripped through it, but everything is fine! I am exhausted and have The Tension Headache From Hell, but nothing a little Excedrin won't cure.

Fingers crossed my kids have a good day. I am a wreck for them because they are all starting over, meeting new friends and I remember well that feeling and how UN-FUN it was, being the New Kid.

Please send happy thoughts our way!

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

Hope it all went well. I think it's great that the Three Things went in to comfort Thing Four -- you raised a great bunch!