Friday, August 27, 2010

What Was I Thinking????

So, I am officially the room parent for my son's fourth grade class. This is SO not me. I don't sign up for these things! I am content to take direction from others, be a worker ant, let others be Queen, etc. etc..

Talk about jumping in feet first! I figured, since we're new, what better way to "get to know" my kid's school. And let them get to know me. I hope I don't suck. I hope the kids don't want to throw rotten tomatoes at my head...

I walked my middle-schoolers to the bus stop for the last time today. My daughter wanted me to walk with them, my son wanted me to stay home. Typical. Thing Four (who is three) just likes the fact he can come with me and dance around making monkey sounds and be a total ham for all the older kids until the bus comes. At least he's a good ice breaker.

Second day of Middle school was better, Thing One is finding some friends. Thing Two hasn't had any major Incidents happen to him, so all I can do is pray and hope for the best. ;-)

I seriously had to sign about 93736 papers for both of them, it is crazy how much. Times sure have changed.

It's funny, after getting up at 5:50 to get Thing Three up, then get him out to the bus and get the other two Things ready and out the door, all I want to do is go back to bed. I don't, of course, because that would make me lazy, but man, I really am tempted to take a nap when Thing Four goes down for his after lunch. I'd sure like to do a "Lara Siesta" one of these days.

I've got a pork roast in the crockpot, we're having sweet pulled pork tonight! I layer it with chips and black beans and rice and cheese. Mmmmmmm....

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

You're so naturally kind and funny and smart that they'll love you.

Watch out, or Thing Four will turn into an actor!

I think you should nap when Thing Four does. You'll be much more productive the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

Oh for gosh sakes, take the nap!

Lowa said...

Seriously! Why do you feel like you should not nap??