Friday, January 08, 2010

Winter Wonderland My Eye...

Don't get me wrong. I love snow. I think it's pretty. I love watching it fall, like feathers, and cover everything up, and it's AWESOME.

It's just when the temperature dips, and the snow FREEZES, and you've got me out there, attempting to snowblow my super long driveway, having to hack at it with shovels and breaking my back, I find it...difficult to enjoy.

Yesterday I had to do it while the snow was falling, so Hubby could get up the driveway after work. We got about five inches more, and now I need to do it again, but it's just me and the toddler at home, so I have to wait until he naps, and THEN I'm using my precious "me time" to go outside and freeze my aspergums off for an hour while I snowblow. And I always manage to get a facefull of snow powder, because I'm a klutz.

NOT. FUN.

My internet has been off and on today, but I had the insurance people out here to look at the car and assess the damage for the body shop. I am still SO glad this guy took ownership for ramming our car and left his information, I am VERY thankful that I am not having to foot the bill for the damage and a rental car. They are going to have my car for four days to fix it. But I'm not complaining, because I'm not paying for it. THANK HEAVEN. I am feeling really lucky right now! WHEW again!

Time to get the kiddo down and snowblow! It's COLD, too. In the teens with the wind. So, I will be donning some serious clothes. I want to give a big wet kiss to the guy who invented Under Armour. :-)

It's Friday! Hubby leaves for New York on Sunday, and won't be back until the end of next week. So I've got my work cut out for me. I'm just glad church has moved to 1pm on Sunday instead of 9am--I'm all for having church in the morning, but when you have to get four kids crammed into their church clothes and fed and drive 25 minutes and BE at the church by nine, it can get a little dicey. And now we get to sleep in! Woo!

I'm such a wimp.

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Hey at least your wind chill is in the teens. It's 0 here. BUT we don't have snow. :D

Saturday is a lost day for me and I have no idea what I'm doing Sunday. Hopefully nothing. haha

Lee Anne said...

aspergums...lol. love it.

Devon Ellington said...

No, you're practical.

I'm going into the city tomorrow to see friends visiting from Brazil. We can't spend the day together due to my mom's injury, so it's basically a three hour round trip for a cup of coffee. But I'm looking forward to it anyway!