Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tough.

As a conservative Republican, Hubby and I were cheering last night over Brown's win. To us it's historic. It's thrilling. A message has been sent.

It's tough though. On the one hand, Hubby gets great insurance through his company, and we are very fortunate to have it. We think Obamacare is a big convoluted mess, and we don't want our taxes to go up.

On the other hand, I have friends without insurance who are devastated by this election. They feel that now there may be no hope. It's tough. I feel there should be healthcare reform, just not what is currently being shoved down our throats.

Like I said, its a tough issue. I don't normally get political on the blog, but last night's elation (coupled with this morning's sorrow over the earthquake that hit Haiti, AGAIN) has made me throw my usual rules to the wind. Politics are such a hot-button right now. There are a lot of angry Americans, and a lot of relieved/elated Americans. I'm sad it has to be this way.

As for Haiti, if you can spare even ten dollars, it would help out. You can donate here, and here through American Red Cross and DirectRelief.

Off I go into the fray...

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

My death warrant has been signed by this "victory."

I agree that the Senate bill sucks. House bill was workable. Senate bill sucks. Too much compromise. Not at all the bill on which i and many others I know worked so hard on for months.

So glad you can all dance on my grave.